Microsoft did it again, released another f***king update for Windows 10 that broke things. This is the second or third time this has happened now.
This time the problem is similar again to one i had just solved a while ago where my PC would just freeze randomly.
Again this problem was caused by updating Windows 10 to 1809 which i only did a few months ago due to all the issues that update had.
This fucking update is a disaster and i have not been able to roll back to 1809 yet and i still down know whats causing the problem. All the evidence points to the Windows 1903 update.
Only seems to occur when the PC is either idle or watching youtube or netflix.
Windows 10 Reliability:
So far ive;
Did Not work:
- Reinstalled Video drivers
- Reinstalled Bluetooth dongle drivers
- uninstalled Realtek sound drivers
- uninstalled Realtek ethernet drivers
- Changing the ‘Default Sound Format’ from 48khz to 44khz
- Reinstalling Realtek Lan Drivers
- Reinstalled Realtek sound drivers
- Uninstalled USB 3.0 Drivers
- Ran the system file checker command ‘sfc /scannow‘
- Reinstalling Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers
- Disabled C1E power state in BIOS
- Update Graphics card drivers (New Nvidia version)
- Ran chkdsk on all drives-no errors reported
- Reset Power saving settings
- Reinstallion of Clean Windows 10 1903
- The problem remained despite having a brand new clean install of Windows 10.
- Turn Off Link State Power Management
- Disable AppXsvc using Registry Editor
- USB 3.0 – front side of PC disabled
- Installed dot.net 3.5
- Running Windows Memory Test
- DPC Specfic fixes
- disabled IPv6
The Fix in the BIOS:
- Disable Core C6 state
- Disabled C1 Support
This may be a BIOS or Motherboard compatability issue with Windows 10 1903. The motherboard in question here is an Asus m5a97 r2.0 with BIOS version 2501.
Windows 10 May 2019 Update Megathread from Windows10
Fixing DPC latency;
The below article which im still reading recommends a few things;
Fix High DPC Latency on Windows 10
Problem *seems* to be a compatability problem between windows and a Bluetooth Dongle. I had old Bluetooth dongle from Motorola “BCM92035DGROM” which worked fine but i did have problems with it and the 1809 update.
The cause is still unknown the PC froze again for no known reason. The below article has some tips to stop it happenening;
Laptop freezes randomly after Install Windows 10 May 2019 update
Articles about this problem;
Finding the cause of freezes;
How to rollback on the update;